We have split the FAQ's into 5 sections - please click on the relevant link to see those questions.
About the cover
About the company
About the site
Problems opening or receiving documents
About your payment plan
About the cover
- 1) Do you only cover UK residents?
- We are only able to cover pet owners who reside in the United Kingdom with their pet. We are sorry but we are unable to cover residents of the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland.
- 2) What information do you need to start cover?
- We need some details about you and the pet you wish to insure together with either bank account or debit/credit card details for payment of the premium.
- 3) Do you insure guard-dogs?
- No, sorry – we cannot cover pets that are used for guarding.
- 4) Do you insure working dogs?
- Yes we are able to cover working dogs provided that they are not used for breeding, racing, guarding, personal protection or search and rescue.
- 5) Do you insure pets used for breeding?
- No, sorry - we cannot provide cover for pets that are used for breeding. There are special policies for their risks and we suggest you speak to your vet or local insurance broker for help finding suitable cover.
- 6) What is the minimum/maximum age for a pet to be insured?
- Your pet must be 2 months old at the start date of cover. There is no maximum pet age to apply for this insurance.
- 7) Is there an excess for vet fee claims?
Yes there is an excess you will need to pay in respect of each illness or injury for which you wish to claim each year. The amount is based upon the type of pet, their age at the time of treatment and how long the insurance has been in force.
Under 8 years you must pay the first £50 of a veterinary fees claim for each condition arising during the first period of insurance. From your first renewal date this will increase to £85 for each condition per period of insurance.
Over 8 years at the date of treatment this increases to £95 plus 15% of the remaining cost of treatment per condition per period of insurance.
Under 8 years you must pay the first £50 of a veterinary fees claim for each condition arising during the first period of insurance. From your first renewal date this will increase to £100 for each condition per period of insurance
Over 8 years at the date of treatment this increases to £110 plus 15% of the remaining cost of treatment per condition per period of insurance.
- 8) Am I covered to take my pet abroad?
Yes if you select the Overseas Travel cover.
Overseas Travel can be a useful option if you are planning to take your pet on holiday with you under the Pet Travel Scheme to Europe, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or if you are travelling to the Republic of Ireland. The scheme allows you to take your pet into the qualifying countries without them having to go into quarantine.
- 9) Do you cover crossbreed pets?
Yes we are able to cover a crossbreed cat or dog.
However, we are unable to cover any dog that is either covered by dangerous dogs legislation or is crossed with one of the following excluded breeds:
African Wild Dog, American Pit Bull Terrier, American Rottweiler, American Staffordshire Terrier, Argentine Dogo, Canary Dog, Cane-Corso, Czechoslovakian Wolfdog, Dingo, Fila Brasileiro, Japanese Tosa Inu, Johnson American Bulldog, Perro de Presa Canario, Pit Bull Terrier, Chinese Shar-pei, Wolves or Wolf Hybrids.
- 10) Are there any breeds of dog that you are unable to insure?
If you can't find an answer to the question you're looking for, submit your question and email address and we'll endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible with the answer. (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm only)
Questions marked with an asterisk (*) are compulsory.